My poor little subaru died. I've been spending hours on the bus. Yuck. I don't mind public transportation, but Seattle's system has lots of room for improvement. I miss Chicago some times. Anyway this leaves me lots of knitting time, but not so much blogging time, or time for anything else. I've been making slow but steady progress on the second cable vest. I've been trying to turn my notes into a pattern along the way. I've got the back and one front completely done. I'm working on the second front now. Then I just need to pick up stitches for the boarder/ collar. I had rip half of front #1 because I was so intent on keeping the cable pattern that I forgot to start the arm hole shaping. Duh! I was so mad at myself. Oh well.
I finished the simple knitted bodice, but the neck got weird and saggy after blocking. I carefully threaded some beading elastic along the neckline to fix this. I'm happy with the results.
I have figured out navajo plying. I have tried before with mediocre results. I think I have it down now. The roving was also hand dyed by me. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's being mailed off in a swap for a copy of Nancy Bush's folk socks.